The World Council of Credit Unions uses designations to the International Development Fund to support:
- Public education on consumer finance
- Developing new credit union systems
- Strengthening existing credit union movements
- Partnership and exchanges between U.S. and international credit union leaders
- Establishing International Remittance Network ( IRnet) installations
The donated dividend is disbursed as 42.5% directly to the particular fund, 42.5% to the credit union’s state foundation or league and 15% to NCUF to support its programs and services.